• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

What is King James Only?

P

patrick jane

What is King James Only​

Objections to the King James Bible abound, but miss the mark. Learn why and how to respond, all the while believing God’s word, preserved, without mistake!

1 hour 16 minutes

I like King James , but the ONLY part IS ridiculous.
We have several Bibles online - why not compare and look at all?

I like King James , but the ONLY part IS ridiculous.
We have several Bibles online - why not compare and look at all?
For maybe a year I stated I was KJV only, then I said it was my preferred bible and still is. I like the ESV also and a few others.

An hour and fifteen minute video about KING JAMES ONLY is ridiculous.
Joshua commanding the SUN TO STAND STILL is ridiculous.
Paul’s companions on Damascus road both hearing and not hearing a voice is ridiculous.
I don’t look for INERRANCY but SUFFICIENCY.

I got a Wesley Study Bible - his notes from 1700’s - and a 2010 version of Common English Bible. I also have New Revised Standard, and the Orthodox Study Bible, whose OT is from Septuagint, and whose NT is New King James

What is King James Only​

Objections to the King James Bible abound, but miss the mark. Learn why and how to respond, all the while believing God’s word, preserved, without mistake!

1 hour 16 minutes
And those that are KJVO , I believe have missed the mark . Translations are not INSPIRED , as only the original words are inspired

I use a KJV , because I like the way , some of the OT books are written and like KJV BULLINGER BIBLE with his notes and I always check all verses , with the Greek text '

dan p

In my opinion, a ridiculous belief to hold.

I was raised KJVO. What caused me to come out of it was a patient person showing me what the translators themselves wrote about their translation. Positively eye-opening.

The KJV translators themselves, were they alive today, would agree that KJVO is ridiculous. It was never their intention for it to be the only or final and definitive translation.

I was raised KJVO. What caused me to come out of it was .,,
KJVO is one of the biggest IDOLS in Christiandom. It kept me from Christ for decades!

What caused me to reject KJVO is no argument for the accuracy, of the FROM part of the translation. It is the TO part of the translation; we don’t speak that way anymore. It is unreadable to me.

On top of that, I’ve seen KJVO types make absurd arguments based on their not understanding the meaning of a passage, imposing a 21st century American take on 16th century King’s English idioms.

KJVO is one of the biggest IDOLS in Christiandom. It kept me from Christ for decades!

What caused me to reject KJVO is no argument for the accuracy, of the FROM part of the translation. It is the TO part of the translation; we don’t speak that way anymore. It is unreadable to me.

On top of that, I’ve seen KJVO types make absurd arguments based on their not understanding the meaning of a passage, imposing a 21st century American take on 16th century King’s English idioms.

Been there, did that. I used to wish I could go back and undo the harm that I did out of ignorance.

Zeal without knowledge. Lesson learned; the hard way.

Back